APPLY FOR A U.S. VISA
UCGConferences welcome attendees, students, researchers, delegates & visitors from around the globe who wish to travel to the United States.
On this webpage, you must learn about obtaining a US Visa, as well as applying for your visa.
Here you will learn:
- How and where to apply for your nonimmigrant US Visa for travel to the United States
- What documents, photos, and information do you need to apply for your visa
- How to apply and access US Visa application forms and instructions
- How and where to pay your US Visa application and processing fee
- Schedule your interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate-General
- Find important information about U.S. Embassies and Consulates General
WHAT IS A US VISA?
A citizen or member of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must need to obtain a U.S. visa compulsory, which is placed in the traveler’s passport with all the details of the traveler, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship or nationality.
Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel under the Visa Waiver Program. The Visa section of this website is all about U.S. visas for foreign citizens to travel to the United States. If you cannot find what you are looking for here, please visit Travel.State.gov for additional information.
Note: U.S. citizens do not need a U.S. visa for travel to the United States, but when planning to travel abroad a U.S. citizen may need a visa issued by the embassy or consulate of the country they wish to visit.
Do You Already Know What Type of Visa You Need?
For nonimmigrant visas, you can go directly to the online application for the DS-160; or for immigrant visas, directly to the USCIS site for the relevant forms. If you are unsure, please use the Visa Wizard below to help you determine your visa type.